Back end Developers should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Job Skills & Expertise
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Highly experienced with Java programming language and Spring Framework.
- Proficient experience building RWD applications.
- Proficient experience using SQL and database engines such as PostgreSQL, Oracle or MySQL.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experience in performance tuning of the server-side applications.
- Proven experience as a back-end developer
- Experience developing RWD applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. Java, SQL) and backend technology (e.g. Keycloak, Spring boot, Undertow, HikariCP)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle), web servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind