Front end Developers are responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout design.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of key design principles
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Experienced with email marketing (mailchimp, Outfunnel etc.)
- Experienced with Hootesuite and other social media campaign management
- At least 5 years in Front End or relevant experience
- Good problem solving skills
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Computer Science degree or similar level of tertiary education.
- Strong experience in developing world class User Interfaces using WP, HTML, CSS & JS (AJAX, JSON and various JS frameworks including JQuery as a minimum
- Experience with CSS preprocessors and modular FE development
- Experience with responsive frameworks and RWD.
- Experience with other PHP frameworks and backend PHP coding
- Git and general version control experience and best practice
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, achieve deadlines and effectively prioritise multiple, concurrent tasks
- Willingness to learn and master new technologies
- Passion for frontend development and understanding of latest frameworks and technologies
- Experience with Magento and ecommerce platforms
- Linux administration skills
- Experience developing and working with APIs and integrations
- Comprehensive understanding of caching mechanisms and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment