Geniusto is committed to providing innovative and scalable solutions that best empower the business to offer a wide range of financial technology services. We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Backend Developer to provide technical direction and hands on implementation of solutions in an ever changing world of technology. The ideal candidate needs to be able to provide technical leadership and guidance on the Applications Development team, focusing on web service and API development, data access and development, and application architecture. If you are confident that you will be a good fit to help deliver key initiatives at our organization, we would love to meet you!
Provide technical leadership and guidance on the Applications Development team, focusing on web service and API development, data access and development, and application architecture.
Expert level Essential Functions
- Develops/maintains, tests, and implements software applications with little to no supervision and helps others within the team
- Creates foundational software components that teams can build upon when developing application features
- Provides consistent and appropriate feedback during code reviews. Makes sure the solution meets the requirements and user story objectives
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automation of manual processes, data delivery, and data architecture scalability
- Design and build new Java and PL/SQL routines required for new business functionality and optimal performance
- Collaborate with web developers on solutions using modern frameworks to support data layer needs
- Work with stakeholders including the Enterprise Research, Products, and Marketing teams to assist with data and API related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Ensure data security for database routines, the data access layer, and the Java API layer, via secure coding practices
- Implement architectural improvements to existing PL/SQL artifacts so that the data can more easily be accessed via web and mobile interfaces and APIs
- Work with Solutions Architect and Data Developers to ensure that the data layer is accessible via a secure API layer
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college diploma or university degree or equivalence in work experience in computer systems design or computer science
- Knowledge of full SDLC and 5-10 years of computer programming experience
- Knowledge of popular Java Frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, PrimeFaces, and JSF a plus
- Knowledge of PHP and/or Drupal a plus as well as popular JS Frameworks such as React
- Knowledge of code management and tracking best practices is required. Skillset should include Git, JIRA, BitBucket (or other code repo tool)
- Experience working effectively in either a Windows or Linux environment required
- Experience with DevOps tools and processes, such as Salt, Ansible, Python a plus